You’re thinking about hiring a UK immigration lawyer but you’re confused by the many different types of solicitors who work in this field. Are they all the same? Or, do they have different types of specialties? To figure out which kind would be best for you, take a look at this article!
Benefits of Hiring a UK Immigration Lawyer
If you live in the UK and are seeking to immigrate to another country, hiring a UK immigration lawyer is likely the best option for you. Unlike U.S. immigration lawyers, who primarily represent individuals and families who are seeking residency or citizenship in the United States, UK immigration lawyers are experienced in representing people from all over the world who are looking to live or work in the UK. This includes both permanent residents (those who have been granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK) and temporary visitors (those who are here on a visa).
UK immigration lawyers are also well-versed in British law and regulations, which means they can provide you with expert advice on how best to navigate the system. For example, they may be able to help you secure an extension on your visa or obtain a legal status that will allow you to stay longer in the UK.
- A UK immigration lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options, and can provide expert advice on the best way to protect them.
- A UK immigration lawyer can also help you prepare and submit your application for entry to or stay in the UK legally as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- A UK immigration lawyer can also provide support during your application process, if needed.
What Types of Services Can an Immigration Lawyer Provide?
If you are considering hiring a UK immigration lawyer, you may be wondering what services they can offer. In general, an immigration lawyer can provide a number of helpful services, including:
- Advising on the immigration process and the applicable laws
- Representing you during hearings or legal proceedings
- Helping to prepare your application for citizenship or residency
- Representing you in any appeals that may be necessary
How Much will it Cost?
Hiring a UK immigration lawyer can be quite costly. Depending on the complexity of your case and the lawyer’s area of expertise, you could end up spending anywhere from £1,000 to £5,000 or more. However, don’t be discouraged – a skilled lawyer can help you save thousands of pounds in legal fees.
What to Ask Before Hiring a UK Immigration Lawyer
It is always important to do your research when hiring a lawyer, especially if you are living in the UK and are looking to immigrate. Here are some questions you should ask before hiring a UK immigration lawyer:
- What is your experience with handling immigration cases?
- How much experience do you have with UK immigration laws?
- What are your fees?
- Do you have any prior experience helping people immigrate to the UK?
- What methods do you use to get information about immigration laws?
- Are you available 24/7?
- Will you be able to travel to the UK for meetings?
- Can you provide references from previous clients?