Have you updated your iPhone with the Latest iOS 15.6 Update? Check out the list of all iOS 15.6 Security fixes.
iOS 15.6 arrived nearly two weeks ago. This is the most important and required update that includes enhancements, bug fixes, and security updates. There were lots of Security issues in iOS 15.5. You will be surprised to know that the latest release iOS 15.6 wipes out more than three dozen Security issues. A great achievement! Today, in this post we will be going to discuss all the Security issues fixed by iOS 15.6.
iOS 15.6 releases on July 21. Some iPhone users are noticing a huge difference after moving their device up from older versions of iOS 15. While some of these issues have carried over from iOS 15.5 and older versions of iOS 15 while some are brand new. Apple says that it will continue to bring the software updates to refine the issues.
Along with patching vulnerabilities, the new iOS 15.6 fixes flaws in the system like one that incorrectly shows users their storage was full or how a tab in Safari reverts to a previous page on its own. Apple declines to give much information in its security update notes. Rather it asks the users to update their iPhones as soon as possible.
iOS 15.6 Security Fixes
iOS 15.6 includes enhancements, bug fixes, and security updates. All these are internal software issues that put the security of the user at risk.
- One of the issues that Apple users are facing is Apple File System (APFS) tracked as CVE-2022-32832, which could allow an app to execute code with kernel privilege.
- Another flaw fixed in iOS 15.6 is an issue in AppleAVD that could allow a remote attacker to cause kernel code execution.
- The iOS 15.6 iPhone upgrade also patches vulnerabilities in ImageIO, GPU Drivers, IOMobileFrameBuffer, Kernel, and WebKit.
- The TV app adds the option to restart a live sports game already in progress and pause, rewind, or fast-forward
- Fixes an issue where Settings may continue to display that device storage is full even if it is available
- Fixes an issue that may cause braille devices to slow down or stop responding when navigating text in Mail
- Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution
- Fixes an issue in Safari where a tab may revert back to a previous page
- Fixes an issue where iPad mini (6th generation) may not detect a charger or other USB-C accessory
- AppleMobileFileIntegrity where an app might have been able to gain root privileges and more.
- Apple Neural Engine: An app may be able to break out of its sandbox
- CoreMedia: An app may be able to disclose kernel memory
- An unexpected app termination or arbitrary code execution
- A user may be able to view restricted content from the lock screen
- iCloud Photo Library app may be able to access sensitive user information
How to get iOS 15.6 update
Updating is easy-peasy: open the Settings app on the device and then choose General, then Software Update. Once you’ve clicked on Download and Install, it’ll do everything for you. Within a few minutes
This is the last iOS 15.6 update. Apple has already started working on the upcoming version of iOS, i.e., iOS 16. The developer beta of iOS 16 is already out and it has received three updates so far. Additionally, we are not far away from the announcement of the next iPhone lineup, which is expected to take place in September. Android 13 Beta update is also released for the audience to explore.
Do not consider this update optional. The update is mandatory as it is going to save your lives.
Thanks for reading!! For more information stay connected with Stanfordartsreview