Jofra Chioke Sagittarius is an English cricketer of Barbadian descent who now plays for England and Sussex. He quickly bowls with his right arm. Archer was picked in April 2019 to play for England in limited overs matches against Ireland and Pakistan.
|First and last name||Jofra Chioke Sagittarius|
|Date of birth||Apr 1, 1995|
|Age||27 years (in 2020)|
|Female friend||Druanna Butler (rumor)|
|Net value||$5 million|
Jofra Archer Biography
Frank Archer and Joelle Waithe have Jofra Archer on April 1, 1995. His father is from England while his mother is from Barbados. He is of mixed race and Christian faith. He obtained English citizenship through his father. Hilda Skeene Primary School, Christchurch Foundation, was where he completed his education. Archer went on to study at Dulwich College. Jofra Archer is of Barbadian descent.
Jofra had several challenges during his early career as he was unable to play for England despite being born in England and holding a British passport. He had to stay in the hospital for seven years. Fortunately, in November 2018, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) amended a regulation to reduce the residence permit from seven to three years, in line with ICC standards.
Jofra Archer Height, weight, body measurements
Jofra Archer stands about 6 feet tall. His weight is about 70 kg. His biceps are 14 inches long, his waist is 32 inches long and his chest is 42 inches long. Archer has a dark complexion. His eyes are a dark shade of black. He has dark black hair.
- Jofra started his career as a cricketer with the West Indies Under-19 Team. He moved to England after he turned 19 to compete in the County Championship and make his presence known.
- In 2016 he was signed by Sussex Cricket Team and made his first-class debut. After a few weeks, Archer made his List A debut, competing in the Royal London One-Day Cup.
- He had a good tournament and was recruited in 2017 to play for Khulna Titans in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL).
- He had a solid season for Khulna Titans in the Bangladesh Premier League, collecting 10 wickets and hitting 87 runs in 9 innings.
- He had an excellent stroke rate of 164.5. Due to his outstanding performance in domestic cricket and the BPL, he was selected by the Hobart Hurricanes to participate in the Big Bash League (BBL). Archer appeared in all 12 BBL matches, finishing as his team’s leading wicket taker.
- He took 16 wickets at a stroke rate of less than 3 overs per wicket. He was also the only Tourney bowler to bowl a girl. Archer’s participation in T20 tournaments paved the way for Quetta Gladiators in the 2018 Pakistan Super League.
- Despite only appearing in two matches, he took five wickets with an economy rate of 6.62. At that point, Jofra Archer had already caught the attention of the IPL, the world’s largest T20 competition.
- Jofra Archer’s IPL career started in 2018. He made his IPL debut for the Rajasthan Royals (RR) in 2018, signing for $8,000,000. Archer finished as RR’s leading wicket taker, scoring 15 scalps in 10 innings with a 15.53 batting rate.
- He finished the 2018/19 season with 18 wickets in 15 appearances for his BBL Team. Jofra was unable to maintain the form of his previous season and suffered a temporary setback. In the 2019 IPL, he collected 11 wickets in 11 matches, while RR finished seventh in the points table.
- The ECB had an arrangement that a player who moved to England after the age of 18 had to stay in the country for 7 years before being allowed to play for the national team.
- As a result of the ordinance, Jofra Archer was ineligible until 2022. However, due to its mesmerizing performance in English domestic cricket, the ECB was forced to change the rule.
- They reduced the number of years from seven to three to select Jofra Archer for the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup Team. For example, Jofra was allowed to make his international debut for England against Ireland in May 2019. He responded with a score of 1/40 and started his one-day career well.
- England won the match by four wickets after chasing 199. Archer also played his debut T20 match against Pakistan a few days later in Cardiff. Jofra had 2/29 in 4 overs after Pakistan scored 173. England were able to knock down the goal with 7 balls left and won by 7 wickets.
- Jofra Archer was the third best wicket taker in the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup and the highest for England. He took 20 wickets in just 11 games.
- In addition, he was privileged to bowl the crucial Super Over in the most dramatic World Cup final against New Zealand. England was able to win its first World Cup Trophy in 2019 thanks to the ECB’s decision to adjust residence restrictions. The ICC named Jofra Archer the team’s Rising Star.
- Jofra Archer made his England debut in the second Ashes Test against Australia at Lord’s after spending three weeks in the World Cup final. The game was low scoring with England reaching 258 twice and Australia chasing 267 with four wickets left in the second innings.
- Archer drove in 12 runs in the second inning and scored 2/59 and 3/32 in the first and second inning respectively. Archer then took part in the next three Test matches, taking a total of 22 wickets in four matches, including a handful of cases of fifer (5 wickets away). Jofra received his first ECB Central Contract after the Series ended.
- Jofra scored a three-stroke for Sussex against Middlesex in the 2018 T20 Blast.
- In addition to being a fast bowler who can hit 150, he’s also a useful batter further down the ranks.
- In the IPL, he played with Darcy Short, his Hobart Hurricane teammate.
- Before moving to England, Jofra played for the West Indies Under-19 Cricket Team.
Jofra Archer’s net worth
Jofra Sagittarius’s net worth is estimated at $5 million (about 35 crores in Indian rupees). He has amassed his fortune through sponsorship, his sports career and other means. Jofra Archer is paid around £7,000,000 (Rs. 7.2 crores) each year to represent England in the national team. In addition, he plays T20 franchisee for numerous teams around the world, earning around 12-14 crores per year from franchise payments alone. He was previously paid 7.2 crores by the Rajasthan Royals but will now be paid 8 crores by the Mumbai Indians from 2022.
Jofra Archer currently supports Adidas. According to sources, the bowler has one of the largest contracts (among cricketers) with German sports companies.
Jofra Archer Girlfriend, Dating
According to various reports, the England international is currently meeting Druanna Butler, a British girl. Little is known about the boy, although sources say she was born and raised in Jamaica before migrating to England. The pair were initially spotted together in 2019, but they have not yet made their romance public. As a result, it will be interesting to see how their connection evolves in the coming years.
Awards and Achievement
- Archer was part of England’s World Cup winning team in 2019.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) recognized Archer’s rising star for his performance at the 2019 World Cup.
- The International Cricket Council named Archer to their CWC2019 Team of the Tournament, citing his new bowling and bowling towards the end of the innings.
- Jofra was also a long jump athlete who showed his skills in the sport during his school days.
- Archer played for the West Indies Under-19 team in 2013 before joining English Cricket. However, due to a back condition, he had to leave the Barbados system.
- His selection in England’s 2019 World Cup team was initially a source of considerable debate, but changes to the ECB’s qualifying rules saw him qualify after three years’ stay, rather than the expected seven.
- Chris Jordan, a Barbados-English cricketer introduced him to Sussex after seeing his strong performance during net training in Barbados.
- Archer was bought by the Rajasthan Royals in the 2018 IPL auction for £800,000 after making his first-class debut for Sussex during Pakistan’s UK tour in July 2016.