David Wayne Hoilett (born June 5, 1990), also known as Junior Hoilett or David Hoilett Jr., is a Canadian professional footballer who currently plays for Reading and the Canadian national team as a winger.
Junior Hoilett Biography
Junior Hoilett was born on June 5, 1990. His hometown is Brampton, Ontario, Canada. David Wayne Hoilett is his first name. He is of American, Jamaican and Canadian descent. He belongs to the African identity. Likewise, his religion is Christianity, and his zodiac sign is Gemini, according to his birthday. David Hoilett is his father and Ingrid Hoilett is his mother. His parents are both of Jamaican descent, and his father is from Ocho Rios. His father later worked as a DJ and music advertiser. He was one of four children born to his parents. Jaineil, his younger brother, also became a footballer and played at the grassroots level in Germany. In Blackburn he attended St Bede’s Roman Catholic secondary school.
Junior Hoilett Height, Weight, Body Measurement
Junior Hoilett’s height is 5 feet 8 inches in feet, and he is attractive to his family and friends.
His weight is about 70 kg and his shoe selection is really attractive. Junior Hoilett has nearly 100 shoe collections from different manufacturers. Junior Hoilett has brown eyes that are incredibly attractive. His hair is blond and many people have copied his haircut.
- Blackburn, Hoilett’s original club, requested him to be nominated for the England football team.
- On 21 August 2010, Hoilett made his Premier League debut against Birmingham City during the 2010-11 season.
- Hoilett signed a deal with Queens Park Rangers on July 27, 2012, at a price set by the tribunal.
- In the 2013-14 Championship season, Hoilett scored his first goal for Queens Park Rangers against Huddersfield Town.
- Hoilett joined Cardiff City on 6 October 2016, having hired Neil Warnock as manager.
- Reading signed Hoilett to a one-year deal on August 19, 2021. And he scored his first goal against his previous team on October 2.
- Hoilett led the Canadian junior squad in the 2001 Danone Nations Cup in Paris.
- He was eligible to play for both the Jamaican and Canadian national teams at the international level.
- Hoilett was selected in September 2015 for the Canadian roster for the CONCACAF 2018 World Cup Qualifying trip.
- Hoilett was named to Canada’s final 23-man squad for the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup on May 20, 2019.
- Hoilett scored a goal in a 4-0 win against Jamaica in the 2022 World Cup qualifier, which qualified Canada for the first time since 1986.
Junior Hoilett’s net worth
Junior Hoilett’s net worth is believed to be over $5 million. After five seasons with Cardiff City, the player recently moved to Reading. Hoilett earns £317,200 a year while playing for Reading. He made most of his fortune from his outstanding football career. Junior made £1,456,000 in 2020 when he played for Cardiff City. Junior started his professional career in 2007 with Blackburn Rovers. The player had a successful career spanning four years with various teams before joining Queens Park Rangers. He received a weekly income of £45,000 and an annual salary of over £1 million at the club. Hoilett’s net worth will skyrocket in the future.
Junior Hoilett Wife, Marriage, Children
Looking at his own life, Hoilett is a married man. He is quite discreet about his marital status. He has not spoken to the rest of society. He often posts pictures of his son, Kylan, on his virtual entertainment sites. Kylan, his child, was born in March 2016. Yet he has not revealed anything about his biological mother. He is now a single father raising his child alone. Any updates on his love life will be posted here soon.
Awards and Achievement
- 2014 Football League Championship Playoffs
- 2017-18 EFL Championship runner-up
- November 2018 BBC Goal of the Month
- At the age of thirteen he joined Blackburn Rovers. Between 2007 and 2009, Hoilett was loaned to German teams SC Paderborn and FC St. Pauli before making his professional debut for the club Ewood Park.
- The youthful winger made his Blackburn debut in August 2009 and scored his first competitive goal that year in a 3-1 League Cup win against Gillingham.
- Hoilett has scored 12 Premier League goals in 81 league appearances for Rovers.
- In 2009, the winger converted the decisive fifth penalty to help Blackburn win a League Cup shootout against Chelsea. Rovers advanced to the semi-finals of the competition as a result of the win.
- Junior was eligible to represent both Jamaica and Canada at the international level. He may have played for Jamaica since his father was born there, but he was born in Canada.
- The swift-footed winger came to Canada in 2015 and has won 10 caps since his debut that year.
- Jaineil, his brother, is also a footballer who has represented Canada at the youth U17 and U20.
- Hoilett has previously collaborated with Neil Warnock. He played for Queens Park Rangers under the new Bluebirds manager.