Kumbh Sankranti 2023 | Today is ‘Kumbh Sankranti’ worship with this method to get Lord Surya’s blessings
Every fast and festival has its own importance in Sanatan Dharma. The zodiac of the sun changes on the day of ‘Kumbh Sankranti’ in the month of Phalgun. Here the Sun enters Aquarius from Capricorn, which is called ‘Kumbh Sankranti’. This year this Sankranti is on Monday 13 February.
During ‘Kumbh Sankranti’ there is a special law of donating cows, worshiping the sun and offering tarpan to ancestors.
Let us know when is ‘Kumbh Sankranti’, when is the ‘Maha Punya Kaal’ or ‘Kumbh Sankranti’ and the importance of bathing –
- Date ‘Kumbh Sankranti’: 13 February 2023
- Kumbh Sankranti Punya Kaal: 7:02 am to 9:57 am
- Kumbh Sankranti Punya Kaal Total Duration: 2 hours 55 minutes
- Kumbh Sankranti Mahapunya Kaal: 8:05 am to 9:57 am
- Kumbh Sankranti Mahapunya Kaal Duration: 1 hour 51 minutes
- On the day of Kumbh Sankranti, wake up in the Brahma Muhurta and take a bath in the Ganges.
- After bathing etc, mix Ganga water and Sesame in the water and offer Arghya to Lord Surya. Then light a lamp in the temple.
- Sing 108 names of Lord Surya, read Surya Chalisa.
- After the worship, give the donation material to a poor person or a priest.
- For donation, donate food items such as rice, legumes and potatoes along with clothes according to your capacity.
Like Makar Sankranti, ‘Kumbh Sankranti’ also has a special meaning. Sankranti Tithi has the same importance as Purnima, Amavasya and Ekadashi. Bathing, meditation, charity and charity are of particular importance on this auspicious date. By taking a bath on the day of Sankranti, the person attains Brahma Lok. It is said in the Devi Purana that one who does not bathe on the day of Sankranti surrounds him with poverty for many births.
Be sure to worship the sun god on this day after bathing. Offer them Arghya by mixing red flowers, jaggery and roli or red sandalwood in water. Hereby chant Surya Mantra. Recite Surya Chalisa and Aditya Hriday Stotra. This amplifies the sun. Your fame and fame will increase, there will be progress in your career. Will have father’s support.