Anna Shaffer is a British actress, who got her first fame when she was cast in a small role in the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince’, and who gained popularity by playing the character Triss Merigold in the Netflix series , “The Witcher.”
Just a simple reminder that the article is only created and owned by cafe-madrid.com. Article cannot be republished in other pages or documents. Copyright is protected by DMCA. All instances found are reported.
Original source: https://cafe-madrid.com/naked-truth-of-anna-shaffer-aka-triss-merigold-on-the-witcher/
Early life and family
Anna Shaffer was born on March 15, 1992 in London, England; her mother’s name is Maggie Barth, but her father’s name has not been disclosed. She has a younger brother named Josh. Based on her posts on her Instagram account, she clearly has deep affection for her family, but not much is revealed about them and her early life, other than talking on her Instagram account about being raised politically and non-religiously by her. parents, while encouraging people to vote in December 2019.
She also said that ‘I am a South African Jew, my mother from black farmland and my father from the Jewish inner city.’ as she explained where she comes from, when she talked about her political views.
No information is available about her primary education. She was present secondary school (Year 7-Year 11) at Highgate Wood School in Crouch End, London Borough of Haringey. She then attended Camden School for Girls in Camden, London Borough of Camden for her sixth form to complete her secondary education (12 years 13).
Anna had a great start to her acting career as her first project was in the highly successful movie franchise “Harry Potter”.
She became known to international audiences when she was cast in December 2007 at the age of 15 in the small but memorable role from Romilda Vane, the fourth year student at House Gryffindor, who attempted to use a love potion on the main character, Harry Potter, played by Daniel Radcliffe in “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.” Filming of the movie began on September 24, 2007 and was released worldwide on July 15, 2009, grossing nearly $950 million.
She reprized the role of Romilda Vane in the last two films of the “Harry Potter” franchise, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows – Part 1” in 2010 and “- Part 2” in 2011, with worldwide gross returns of over $950 million and nearly $1.5 billion, respectively.
After her successful debut on the big screen, she was cast as Ruby Dixon on the award-winning British soap opera ‘Hollyoaks’ when she was 18 years old. She was said to audition for the part of Leanne Holiday but was cast instead as Ruby Button, whose character was manipulative, rebellious and a bully. She was in 238 episodes from 2011 to 2014. She was nominated for “Sexiest Woman” at the British Soap Awards in 2013. In a 2013 interview with ‘Digital Spy’ she said this about her departure from the series: ‘I’ve enjoyed my time at Hollyoaks and playing Ruby, but I just have itchy feet and I want a new, fresh start.’ She also missed London, her parents and her brother since moving to Liverpool for filming, adding: ‘I’m ready for a change, but I’ll be very sad to leave.’
Anna reprized her role in 2017 and 2018 for a four-episode guest appearance so her fans could see her again in the BBC soap after three years.
In 2014, she appeared in an episode of the drama series “Glue”, and another small role came her way in 2016 when she was cast for two episodes as Rachel Chapman, the main character’s girlfriend, in the British science fiction drama, “Class.” , a spin-off of the series ‘Doctor Who’.In 2017 she starred in four episodes of the BBC crime thriller drama series ‘Fearless’, also in a minor role.She was in the 2018 action film, “I Am Vengeance” Anna was also cast for the titular role in the comedy play “Daisy Pulls It Off”, which opened on December 5, 2017 at the Park Theater in Outer London, which will run until January 13, 2018. walked.
Shaffer was cast in the supporting role of Triss Merigold in the American fantasy drama series “The Witcher”, which was based on the book series of the same name by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. The eight-part season 1 of the series was released in its entirety on Netflix on December 20, 2019. Before its premiere, it was announced that Netflix had already ordered season 2 with eight episodes. The series starring Henry Cavill, Freya Allan and Anya Chalotra was a success, ranking second in the most popular series of 2019 according to Netflix, behind ‘Stranger Things’.
Anna was in three episodes of the first season – her character, Triss, was a sorceress who was in love with and friend of Henry Cavill’s character, Geralt. Fans were curious about whether her character would be based on the book or CD Projekt Red’s “The Witcher” game series, as Triss was more of a main character in the RPG (Role-Playing Game) version than in the book. In Season 1, the character leaned more towards the book version.
The show began production on season 2 in London in early 2020 and was slated for a 2021 release, but production was halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Anna Shaffer is 28 years old and currently in a relationship with Jimmy Stephenson, actually since July 18, 2015. You just had to look at their posts on their respective Instagram accounts to see what kind of relationship they have. On his behalf, he greeted Anna on her birthday and wrote: ‘Happy birthday to my best mate and beautiful wife. I hope you enjoy me even half as much as I love you… I love you so much, on many more adventures…” Her birthday greeting to him was posted on her account saying: “Congratulations, magical man . You fill me to the brim… Thank God for you, the axis of my being.”
Interesting rumors and facts
- When she was a child, she religiously watched the British children’s television drama series ‘The Story of Tracy Beaker’.
- She loved playing Gameboys and PlayStation after school
- In an interview posted to YouTube’s “Road to Rowling” in March 2020, she said she had read the “Harry Potter” books and that her favorite was “The Prisoner of Azkaban” because she had a huge crush on Sirius Black, who had that kind of bad boy vibes. However, she had never met Gary Oldman, who played the part in the film.
- She took home her tie from her costume in “Harry Potter.”
- She appeared in the 2012 music video for Warehouse Republic’s song “YDEK”.
- Her biggest challenge during filming was that she couldn’t cry in dramatic scenes, and she and her director in “Hollyoaks” had to use some tricks to produce tears.
- On her last day, the set of “Hollyoaks” in 2014, she took on the production’s singing challenge and said goodbye to the cast and crew of the television series.
- A weekly British magazine, ‘Inside Soap’, polled in August 2011 which of the ‘Hollyoaks’ characters wanted readers to be killed by the series’ serial killer, and her character Ruby came in second with 21 percent.
- In September 2018, she posted on her Twitter account that she had been sexually assaulted while on the tube to London’s Knightsbridge station. She claimed that a man tried to put his hand into her underwear in the overcrowded carriage, and she stiffened with fear. A female passenger helped her out by yelling at the man to stop and he did. With the help of Transport for London staff, she was able to report the assault to the police.
Anna has curly brown hair and brown eyes. She is 1.7m tall, weighs about 61kg and her vital stats are 34-26-34. She wears a dress in size four and her shoe size is 8.5.
Wealth and salary
She started working as a teenager for small roles in films and television and was a regular cast member on ‘Hollyoaks’. She also worked in a theater play. Her most recent project was a supporting role in ‘The Witcher’. It was not revealed how much she earned from these projects, but sources estimate her net value as of early 2020 to $1 million.