There is significant evidence that using onions for thematic hair treatment can help cure hair loss. Nutrients rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin B9 or folic acid, potassium and several other compounds, the beauty benefits of onions are linked to strong roots, faster hair growth and an overall improved appearance of your hair. When you use onions in the form of oil, it can be a powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antifungal and antibacterial remedy for your hair and scalp. More on this in detail, here’s everything you need to know about its use: organic onion hair oil†
Benefits You Get By Using Onion Hair Oil
1. Improves your hair growth cycle
Onion oil can activate hair growth stimulating enzymes on your scalp, which helps speed up your hair growth cycle. This shows up because faster hair growth stops hair loss for healthier mane.
2. Stops Breaking & Thinning Hair
Rich in sulfur, onion oil can work wonders to stop hair loss, split ends and thinning hair. This happens because the sulfur can develop bonds in your hair that are necessary for intensifying the hair filaments.
3. Holds Early Graying
Specific enzymes in onion hair oil can control free radical damage in your hair, helping to slow down early graying of hair.
4. Manages Scalp pH
The most important thing for healthy hair is a well-groomed and balanced scalp, where onion oil can help control the pH level of your scalp.
5. Prevents Bacterial Infections
Daily massage of onion oil can help prevent bacterial infections and keep itching and dandruff at bay.
6. Acts as an Organic Hair Conditioner
Using conditioner before washing your hair can prevent your shampoo from stripping moisture from your scalp. That’s where onion oil can be used as an organic conditioner.
7. Upgrade the hair texture
Using onion oil regularly can make your mane shiny, soft, splatter and frizz-free!
Tips To Use Onion Hair Oil
You can use onion in two ways, in the form of hot oil and as is. You can use onion oil without heating it and for that you need to take a few drops of purified onion oil in your palms and rub it on your scalp for 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure to apply gentle pressure in a circular motion to immerse the oil into the scalp. Then leave the oil for 3 to 4 hours and clean it with a moderate shampoo. Repeat twice a week for possible results.
When taking a hot oil treatment, mix onion oil with runner oil, for example almond or olive, heat it to a slightly hot temperature and rub it on the scalp and hairlines. Keep overnight and cleanse in the morning with a smooth, sulfate-free shampoo. Apply a conditioner; repeat for each hair clean for thick hair.
Remember these things while using onion oil
Before using onion hair oil, consider these points:
1. Onion oil has an intensely pungent smell, and if you are too prone, add a few drops of aromatic essential oil to cover it.
2. Do not over-massage your hair with onion oil as it has been shown to cause some inflammation, especially if you have a habit of scraping your head.
3. Homemade onion oil can still have some of the dazzling effects, so be sure to only apply the suggested amount.
4. Before applying onion oil to hair, make sure you are not sensitive to it. Do a strip test under your arm 24 hours before to use it on your scalp and hair.
5. If you have sensitive skin, do not leave the oil on your hair for a long time. A hair oiling session with tender massage and 3 to 4 hours of coverage should be all you think about your sensitive scalp.
Some facts you should know about onion oil
As discussed earlier, the antioxidants available in onion oil can help slow down gray hair. This action generally goes further, as onions can be used to delay and alter aging. This is due to catalase in onions that can hinder the sum of hydrogen peroxide in the hair roots and in turn prevent it from turning gray. To make a hair mask to control gray hair, mix onion oil and lemon juice for thirty minutes to mask your hair with the mixture. Cleanse with a gentle shampoo and then use a conditioner to set aside any dryness caused by the lemon juice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Can onion oil stay on hair overnight?
A. final, onion oil can be kept on your hair all night† Just make sure to cover your head with a shower cap to avoid getting your pillows dirty. The smell of homemade onion oil can also remain on the fabric after cleaning. So take a few drops of lemon juice to clean the cloth or bed that has got onion oil on it.
2) What is the frequency of using onion hair oil?
A. You can apply a course of onion oil to your hair once or twice a week, never again. This is because, if done too much, the high sulfur content of onions can make your scalp sensitive to various hair products, sometimes even causing itchiness and irritation.
3) Is Onion Oil Responsible For Hair Loss?
A. Onion oil does not directly lead to hair loss as the nutrients available in it can help increase blood flow to your scalp and stimulate hair growth. Any hair loss related to onion oil is due to excessive head massages with onion oil which can cause scalp conditions. This consequently causes hair loss in some individuals.
If you are annoyed by handling hair loss, breaking, damaged and dull hair, you must try onion hair oil. The onion oil stops hair loss and breakage, increases hair growth and brings back your lost hair and shine. Choose the onion oil with the formation that suits you best and say goodbye to broken hair!
- 1 Benefits You Get By Using Onion Hair Oil
- 2 Tips To Use Onion Hair Oil
- 3 Remember these things while using onion oil
- 4 Some facts you should know about onion oil