Credit card giant Visa has launched an immersive program to help art industry creators unleash the potential of NFTs
The Visa Creator Program aims to help digital-first artists, musicians, fashion designers and filmmakers build their through non-fungible tokens (NFTs). The program will help art-based entrepreneurs deepen their understanding of the technology and platforms underlying NFT trading.
Visa head of crypto Cuy Sheffield said: NFTs have the potential to become a powerful accelerator for the creative economy.
“We have studied the NFT ecosystem and its potential implications for the future of commerce, retail and social media,” he said.
“Through the Visa Creator program, we want to help these new breeds of small and micro-enterprises tap into new media for digital commerce.”
The program aims to support creators in five key areas:
- Technical and product mentorship: Mentored with Visa’s team of crypto product and strategy leaders, to cover topics such as: evaluating tradeoffs between underlying blockchain networks, smart contracts and NFT marketplaces.
- community building: The opportunity to exchange ideas and solve problems with a community of creators at different stages of their NFT journey.
- Access to opinion leaders: Hear from leading thinkers and researchers working in digital commerce, web3, crypto and payments.
- Exposure to Visa’s customers and partners: Opportunities to connect with companies in Visa’s customer and partner network.
- stipend: One-time grant to help creators kick-start the next phase of growth.
For more information about the Visa Creator program and how Australian creators can get involved, visit: Visa.com†